The following accessibility features have been incorporated throughout our website:
- There is a text equivalent for every non-text element
- Documents are organised so that they can be read without Style Sheets
- When scripts, applets, or other programmatic objects are turned off all pages are still useable
- Relative units are used in fonts so that users can control the text size
- No pop-up or new windows are used without informing the user
- Navigation mechanisms are used in a consistent manner
- All event-handlers are device independent
While we have tried to ensure that this website is as accessible as possible, if you are experiencing difficulties with the site or have any comments regarding accessibility please contact us at [email protected] and we will do our best to help.
This site uses CSS, XHTML 1.0 Strict and conforms with Conformance Level 1.
1. All pages on this site support XHTML 1.0 Transitional [Extensible HyperText Markup Language version 1.0 Transitional DTD]. This is indicated inside the <!doctype> tags on all pages:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
The pages have been tested against the standards for Transitional HTML given by World Wide Web Consortium [www.w3c.org] as indicated by the following icon:
2. All pages on this site feature CSS [Cascading Style Sheets]. Some browsers do not support all features in CSS and as a consequence you might experience irregularities in the design.
Issues have been known to occur using these browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.x
- Netscape Navigator 4.x
- Opera 3.X
- Any older versions of the above mentioned
The pages have been tested against the standards given by World Wide Web Consortium [www.w3c.org] as indicated by the following icon:
Netscape Navigator/Communicator 4.x users are deliberately excluded from some features due to the poor support for Cascading Style Sheets. Recent Netscape versions (6, 7, 8) have increased support for CSS.
3. This site has been tested against:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (PC) 6, 7, 8
- Mozilla Firefox 2,3
- Opera 9, 10
- Safari 3, 4
This site has been evaluated on the basis of Level 1 items in the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines as indicated by this icon:
By displaying this logo this site indicates a claim of conformance by the page author or content provider to conformance level Double-A of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0, including all Priority 1 checkpoints defined in the Guidelines. The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 explain how to make Web content accessible to people with disabilities. Conformance to these Guidelines will help make the Web more accessible to users with disabilities and will benefit all users.