Updated Coronavirus (Covid-19) statement on community projects
Brentford FC Community Sports Trust has been closely monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus (Covid-19) situation and the wellbeing of our participants and staff remains our top priority.
In light of the government’s recommendations on Monday – along with the FA’s decision to postpone grassroots football for the foreseeable future – we have decided to cancel or postpone a number of our community activities.
These sessions include:
- Boys’ and Girls’ Football Development Centres at Gunnersbury Park, Uxbridge High School, Twickenham School and Hampton High.
- Futsal sessions at Nishkam School.
- Communities Engagement sessions for our Premier League Kicks, Hounslow Street Sports and Be Inspired programmes across Ealing, Hounslow and Richmond.
- Youth Club sessions that are part of our Hounslow Youth Service provision.
- All activities for our Young Carers provision in Ealing and Hounslow.
- All activities for our disability projects.
- Health and fitness sessions in Hounslow.
- Training sessions at Gunnersbury Park for our post-16 education programme.
- Recruitment of our NCS programme.
Based on guidance from the EFL last Friday, we have already cancelled sessions at Griffin Park Learning Zone – based at Griffin Park. We have also cancelled any activities for participants who have underlying health conditions or those who are deemed at risk.
We will let participants know in due course when these sessions will start up again. In the meantime, we are working on creating online activities and challenges for our participants to take part in. Please look out for links to content by email or on our website.
With schools closing on Friday, we are working closely with local partners and stakeholders to ensure school pupils remain physically active through online content and other potential pathways.
If you’re wondering whether a session that you usually take part in has been cancelled, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org