FA launch new safeguarding course for parents and carers
We are encouraging parents and carers to complete the free safeguarding course launched by the Football Association
The FA is committed to safeguarding children across the game in England. From ensuring best practice and recognising poor practice to understanding how to report concerns quickly and effectively, we believe that making football fun, enjoyable and safe is everyone’s responsibility. Read more about The FA’s Respect Principles.
The Safeguarding Awareness for Parents & Carers course is designed to help you to make an informed choice about the football setting you enrol your child in.
Upon completion of the course, you’ll receive a safeguarding certificate that will appear on your FAN account. You can return to the course to refresh your knowledge at any time.
Expectations and goals
This course will help you to:
- Know what safeguarding is and that you have a role to play as a parent or carer.
- Understand that children’s football should be centred around the needs and wellbeing of children.
- Increase awareness of the different forms, signs and indicators of abuse, including ‘grooming’ as well as understanding what constitutes poor practice, and how this links to abuse.
- Increase your confidence regarding what safeguards should be in place at a child’s club or football setting, and how to check this.
- Increase your awareness of reporting concerns through recognised channels.
- Increase your awareness of the behaviours that are expected in children’s football environments.
To access the course on the FA’s website click here