What is the Youth Voice Group?
- Represent and be an advocate for the voices of young people and children within the local community share Share ideas, initiatives, and comments for new projects and areas of work within the trust.
- Give feedback on projects and services based on their own experiences and collect the views of others.
- Be a consultant to give advice and guidance to project managers and leads to support developing new and fresh ideas.
- Support us in monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness and impact of the work we do with young people.
What will you get in return?
•You will develop skills through training and participating in the group including (youth leadership, communication, delivering meetings, researching, peer consultation and more)
•You will have the chance to work in partnership with other young people and departments across the trust.
•You will be given the opportunity to make a difference for 1000’s of young people in the area.
•You will be the first to know about new and upcoming programmes and activities
•You will be offered Brentford Kit and tickets for matches when available.
•Expenses covered for travel and lunch (when required)
Who are we looking for?
1. Aged between 13-18 years old
2. Live within west London and the local areas we work within.
3. Have the time to commit to attending 2-hour meetings/sessions every 4-6 weeks from January to September (and possibly some small work in between)
4. Be confident to represent other young people.
5. Good communication skills to talk to staff and young people.
6. A passion for making a difference in your local community. We want to ensure the group represents the diversity of young people and children that we work with.
We encourage young people from underrepresented groups to apply for this role Including LGBTQ+, BAME/BIPOC, carers, those living in low-income households, those not in formal education, people with experience in the criminal justice system, those who have experienced violence at home and in their community and those managing health conditions/disabilities.
How to apply
Fill in this short application form, https://forms.gle/fdYtKaL4cK92Qg3m6.
It contains 4 questions which you can answer online, via video clip or audio clip. The deadline to apply is the 6th of February at 5pm. We will get back to you within 10 days to let you know if you are successful.